AKM Partner Jack Gold was widely quoted in a story about Christian Lopez, the Yankees fan who caught — and returned — Derek Jeter’s 3,000th hit. The team showered the lucky fan with gifts valued at upwards of $30,000, all of which are subject to income tax. According to Gold, “What this guy did was incredible. I don’t know of too many people who would have done that, but the IRS follows the rules, and the rules are the rules.” The story — including Gold’s take — was published in the Daily News, and was broadcast on WCBS radio.
- AKM 2019-2020 Tax Guide Now Available
- Federal, New York State, and New Jersey Tax Update
- Tax Guide Seminar for Small Business Owners 2019-2020
- Employee Health and Wellness Benefits, Cost Controls and Tax Strategies
- AKM 2018-2019 Tax Guide Now Available
- Closely Held and Flow-Through Entities Conference