AKM Partner Jack Gold was widely quoted in a story about Christian Lopez, the Yankees fan who caught — and returned — Derek Jeter’s 3,000th hit. The team showered the lucky fan with gifts valued at upwards of $30,000, all of which are subject to income tax. According to Gold, “What this guy did was incredible. I don’t know of too many people who would have done that, but the IRS follows the rules, and the rules are the rules.” The story — including Gold’s take — was published in the Daily News, and was broadcast on WCBS radio.
Latest News and Resources
- August 4 Deadline for Disclosing Offshore Accounts
- New Day for New York Non-Profits: Law Modernizes and Clarifies Many Issues
- AKM Managing Partner David E. Mond oversaw voting process at Impact100 Westchester meeting
- Taking Leave: New NYC Law Impacts All Employers
- AKM Partner Alan R. Adelman was a guest expert for Fox’s Bethenny Show
- Five Conversations to Have with your CPA Today to save time, money and headaches tomorrow.