AKM Partner Jack Gold was widely quoted in a story about Christian Lopez, the Yankees fan who caught — and returned — Derek Jeter’s 3,000th hit. The team showered the lucky fan with gifts valued at upwards of $30,000, all of which are subject to income tax. According to Gold, “What this guy did was incredible. I don’t know of too many people who would have done that, but the IRS follows the rules, and the rules are the rules.” The story — including Gold’s take — was published in the Daily News, and was broadcast on WCBS radio.
Bulletins / News
- AKM Partner and Accountants Club of America President Warren M. Bergstein invites you to attend a luncheon with Ellison Henican, syndicated columnist and author.
- AKM Partner and Accountants Club of America President Warren M. Bergstein invites you to attend a luncheon conversation on the changing demographics of the CPA profession
- Businesses Pay a Steep Price for Failure to Issue 1099s
- When “the IRS” Calls, Hang Up, Don’t Hang On
- Go Phish:Be On Guard Against IRS-Related Scams This Tax Season