AKM Partner Jack Gold was widely quoted in a story about Christian Lopez, the Yankees fan who caught — and returned — Derek Jeter’s 3,000th hit. The team showered the lucky fan with gifts valued at upwards of $30,000, all of which are subject to income tax. According to Gold, “What this guy did was incredible. I don’t know of too many people who would have done that, but the IRS follows the rules, and the rules are the rules.” The story — including Gold’s take — was published in the Daily News, and was broadcast on WCBS radio.
Bulletins / News
- AKM Partner Warren M. Bergstein’s guide to tax planning for individuals and small businesses has been published by the New York State Society of CPAs “Tax Stringer”:
- 1099 Deadline is January 31st
- AKM Principal Nancy L. Adams will be speaking at NYWIFT.
- Net Investment Income Tax
- Tax Filing Deadline Changes: What You Need to Know.