Bulletins / News
- AKM Partner Warren M. Bergstein’s guide to tax planning for individuals and small businesses has been published by the New York State Society of CPAs “Tax Stringer”:
- 1099 Deadline is January 31st
- AKM Principal Nancy L. Adams will be speaking at NYWIFT.
- Net Investment Income Tax
- Tax Filing Deadline Changes: What You Need to Know.
Under legislation passed in 2001, the federal estate tax was repealed for one year, effective January 1, 2010 and ending December 31, 2010. It is widely expected that Congress will reinstate the estate tax for tax year 2010, perhaps even retroactively. Needless to say, this may present problems for the heirs of people dying during 2010. Continue reading
As CPAs, we are always advising clients to respond to IRS notices as quickly as possible or, better yet, to bring them in and let us do it. But there is at least one instance when you should ignore a communication that seems to be from the IRS: when it’s an email. Continue reading