Nancy L. Adams, MS, CPA
It’s terrific that so many of my clients are creative – and doing interesting projects. I like being of service to them.
Nancy’s grasp of business, technical and monetary issues, combined with her genuine enjoyment of personal interaction, has helped her clients get – and stay – on firm financial footing for nearly three decades. She works with a wide range of closely-held businesses in a variety of capacities, from providing straightforward tax services to serving as outsourced controller or chief financial officer. Over the years, she has developed particular expertise in helping filmmakers and production companies with the nuanced accounting work required once production is complete. She also has deep experience in the emerging area of accounting and financial planning for same sex married couples. Prior to joining AKM, Nancy was partner in the firm Adams & Salter, CPAs, PC. She previously worked with Deloitte & Touche, LLP. Nancy serves as treasurer of the Dr. Elmer A. Lindsey Memorial Center, Inc., a nonprofit organization aimed at meeting health needs during Fire Island’s summer season. She and her wife, Susan split their time between Manhattan, Santa Fe, NM and Cherry Grove, LI. In her free time, Nancy enjoys bicycling, reading (especially science fiction) and sports.
- Years as CPA: Since 1985
- Years with AKM: Since 2013
- Film and entertainment accounting, tax planning and compliance
- Outsourced comptroller/CFO for closely-held businesses
- Same gender couples financial and tax planning
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- CPA, NY
- MS, Taxation, Pace University (recipient of departmental award)
- BS, Accounting, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Connect with Nancy L. Adams on LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/NancyAdams